Monday, January 27, 2014

Loot Crate or Nerd Block?

This is the fifth day in a row school has been cancelled, so I might as well blog.  Now that my daughter and I have a subscription box, it is my son's turn to get one.  He is five years old and loves Minecraft and superheroes.  He has been watching Loot Crate and Nerd Block videos and really likes both companies.  I've been trying to weigh the pros and cons of each company.  Ideally, I would like to join both.  Maybe we will subscribe to one this month and the other next month.  I know my son would love the t-shirts from Nerd Block, but he really loved the fact Loot Crate sent a Minecraft calendar last month.

Since I am a visual person, I created a table comparing the two companies with my own thoughts about each.  Consumer decisions are so tough!  That's why I love reading blogs and watching Youtube videos now.  I do like how Loot Crate tells you up front the total of the monthly subscription, $19.37.  With Nerd Block you have to set the shipping country under the subscription tab before you can find out the total price of $29.49 for a U.S. shipment.  Based on the info, it might come down to ship date and subscription options.  I think my son would be happy with the items from either company.



As long as my kids continue to do well in school, both academically and behaviorally, we will continue their subscriptions.  These make great incentives!


2 comments:

  1. love that you include behaviorally in their performance!!!! we do with our 7 year old too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you agree and see the importance in good behavior!

      Delete