Sunday, January 26, 2014

Kawaii Monthly for My Daughter

I have spent several days watching "unboxing" videos on Youtube with my kids.  Needless to say, my subscription box addiction is making its way to my children.  Somehow we managed upon a video for a Kawaii subscription box.  This was my first experience with Kawaii - I had never heard of it before.  My daughter loved the box and begged for one.

An internet search turned up three subscription boxes for Kawaii items.  One comes from SuperKawaiiPop in California.  Another is from Kawaii Club International.  And the final one is from Kawaii Monthly in Japan.  All three offer items along the same theme, but there are some differences.  As I am learning about squishies and re-ment, I can't help but wonder what my daughter is going to do with this stuff.

SuperKawaiiPop is in her third month of offering a Kawaii subscription box.  Her website is http://superkawaiipop.com/blogs/news/10020189-kawaiibox   This is the box my daughter initially wanted, but she decided on another.  It is $20 a month with free shipping.  You can find unboxing videos on Youtube, specifically TheHollycopter channel.  Kawaiibox offers a lot of paper, squishies,  stickers, and miniature items.  She averages 5 - 8 items in each box.  Since I'm sure my daughter will like all of the items in this box, I will probably subscribe to it next month.

Kawaii Club International (based in the UK) is a subscription service by Keep It Secret and seems to be the most popular and longest running of the three subscriptions.  They have the most youtube unboxing videos and online reviews.  This box offers around 5 - 6 items each month and is the most expensive of the three.  A recurring one month subscription is $34.46 plus shipping and handling, which is approximately $5.  You also have the option of subscribing for 3 months and 6 months at a time.  The prices for these subscriptions include shipping fees.  A three month subscription is $98.22 (save $5.17) and a six month subscription is $189.54 (save $17.24).  You can check Kawaii Club out at http://www.kawaiiclub.co.uk 

Kawaii Monthly is the third Kawaii subscription box company I found.  This is the box we decided on, primarily because it sends a variety of objects, comes from Japan, and is the cheapest subscription at $18.99 a month/free shipping.  My daughter's first box ships in five days!  She really likes the fact that it includes a candy item and is sent from Japan.  The website, http://kawaiimonthly.com, says each box has 5 items that could be beauty products, charms, stationary, plush items, and other things they think would be enjoyed.

As soon as the Kawaii Monthly box arrives, we will review and post it.  Hopefully we will be reviewing SuperKawaiiPop's Kawaiibox too.  I really want to support them because they are a U.S. based company!  Plus, my daughter loves stationary, which seems to be their specialty.


No comments:

Post a Comment