Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Bitsbox Review May 2015

text('Bitsbox is awesome')
text('Your child needs this')

If you want your child to have a 1Up in the career world, you really need to consider this box.

Bitsbox is in its second month of production.  It's a subscription service that sends coding activities for kids to learn and complete.  They get to create fun and engaging apps using Bitsbox's app creator.  Once created, the apps will run on popular devices like phones and tablets.
There are four subscription options:
PDF Download ~ $20/month
Month-to-Month ~ $40/box
3 Months ~ $35/box ($105)
12 Months ~ $30/box ($360)
The boxes include an app book and a fun surprise.  Shipping is additional for all boxes.



 Fun bonuses inside the box include stickers, temporary tattoos, and Bitsbox Trading Cards.  I really like the trading cards.  We plan on using them when traveling for use in the hotel if the kids get bored.


 Cubebot ~ This is a fun tinkering toy!  It's a wooden figure/puzzle that can be posed in many different ways thanks to its design and elastic bands.  My daughter fidgets all the time and she will love this.  It also comes in a variety of colors online.


Bitsbox Code Book ~ I'm a design person and LOVE the layout, color, and design of these books!  My son wasn't initially excited about coding when last month's box came in, but once I got him on the computer, he fell in love with the apps.  Ryker is 7 years old and just finished first grade.  We worked on the apps together.  He took to the instructions very quickly and can actually do some of the apps independently.

I'm a technology resource teacher and would love to see this in our schools!  I'd also like to share this in my KY Google Educators hangout.  I'm getting ready to go to Chicago next month and train with Code.org.  If you are curious about computer science careers and coding, I've got some great stats for you!  I may break a few out when I review next month's box ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment