Wednesday, March 12, 2014

CandiGirl Box Review March 2014


CandiGirl Box is a fairly new venture from the Lip Factory Inc. brand.  It's a quarterly box shipped around the middle of every third month.  CandiGirl Box was launched December 2013.  It's a customized box based on your daughter's age and interests.  There are three different themed boxes: Sporty/Tomboy CandiGirl, Girly Girl CandiGirl, and Bookworm CandiGirl.  The box is $22 plus $3 shipping and handling every three months.  I bought this as a surprise for my daughter.

This box was filled with wonderful stuff!





This is the front and back of the personalized card inside.  I like that it is personalized and includes a handwritten note.  I'll also add that CandiGirl Box representatives have an extremely quick response time to any questions or concerns.  They are very pleasant to talk to!




e.l.f. Lip Stain Pink Petal
 e.l.f. Lip Stain in Pink Petal ($2) ~ This is a pigment rich lip stain marker.  It's infused with vitamin E to nourish and hydrate lips.  It has a pen-like tip for easy application.




Dear Know-It-All #10 Breaking News
Dear Know-It-All #10 Breaking News ($5.39) ~ This is book #10 in the series, Dear Know-It-All by Rachel Wise.  Grade level: 3 - 7.  Age range: 8 - 12 years.  160 pages.  I think this is a book series based on a school newspaper.  There are several positive reviews for these books on Amazon.




Leisure Arts Bracelet Kit
 Bracelet Kit ($2.99) ~ This is a bracelet kit from Leisure Arts with cord and beads.  There are enough supplies to make two bracelets.  I could not find this current kit online, but there are others similar to it.  I think my daughter will enjoy making this!




3D nail Seal Hello Kitty
 3D Nail Seal Hello Kitty ($3.15) ~ These are glittered Hello Kitty nail stickers.  After applying to nails, you should apply a top coat for best results.  They are very cute!




Ulta Sweet Shimmer Pedicure Set
 Sweet Shimmer Pedicure Set ($2.99) ~ Inside this bag is a purple polka-dot foot file and purple glitter toe separators.  This will come in handy when painting Olivia's toenails.  I believe this was sold at Ulta around Christmas time.  




NYX Girls Nail Polish Between Mauve and Purple
 NYX Girls Nail Polish ($3.50) ~ This color is called "Between Mauve and Purple".  It is misprinted on the label, but the color is very pretty and suitable for tweens.  We will have fun getting her nails ready for school Monday!  




Converse Shoelaces
 Converse Shoelaces ($3.99 & $1.99) ~ There is a pair of 45 inch red sparkle shoelaces and a pair of 45 inch regular red shoelaces.  This is perfect because her school's colors are red and white!  




Surf Sweets Jelly Beans
 Surf Sweets Jelly Beans ($0.79) ~ This is a snack pack of jelly beans made with organic fruit juice. They are gluten free and fortified with vitamin C.  What a natural alternative to sweets!  




Candy Store Purse Mirror
Candy Store Purse Mirror
Candy Store Purse Mirror ($12.99) ~ This product is described as amazingly durable, wonderfully touchable, incredibly colorful, and totally irresistible.  It will definitely come in handy when applying the e.l.f. Lip Stain & Orange Pop Lip Gloss!  The company, Candy Store, produces unique silicone handbag accessories.




Orange Pop Lip Gloss 3 Girls Holistic 3GH
Orange Pop Lip Gloss ($3) ~ This lip gloss is from the company 3 Girls Holistic (3GH).  It smells like dreamsicle and looks like chapstick, but is really lip gloss!  This is a natural, organic product from the 3 Little Girls Holistic line.  There was a brochure about the company, 3GH, and its endeavor to offer high quality products, made in the USA.  This business uses Certified Organic ingredients, promotes environmental responsibility, and gives back to the community.  



The approximate value of this box is $42.78 and I paid $25.  I'm really excited over this box.  It didn't come with an information card, which is fine because the contents are customized for my daughter.  Everything was age-appropriate.  My 9 year-old is in that "I want to be older" phase and I'm so glad the items weren't geared for a younger girl.  There was a lot of thought put into this box.


This post has links for each item that may provide some more information if you are interested.  All of the prices are approximations that I found online.  I'm definitely looking forward to learning more about Surf Sweets and 3 Girls Holistic.  

CandiGirl Box also offers a CandiGirl Club membership for $15 each cycle.  Members receive a CandiGirl t-shirt, club news, contest opportunities, and an additional gift each month between quarterly boxes.  Still debating on this option.  Feel free to leave a comment below!

6 comments:

  1. Which of the 3 categories did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered the same thing and was charged twice for $47 each time and then I only received a my little pony necklace and a bracelet. I contacted support but response was slow and not helpful. That have not refunded or made up the cost. I am in the process of cancelling. Be careful. I'm glad that you got a decent experience from it. Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to hear your bad luck with this company. I never had any trouble with them, but didn't resubscribe when they relaunched. My daughter didn't really like the box.

      Delete
  3. HI, I am trying to find the website buy can find it. Could you please message me back more info? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yvette! It looks like CandiGirl Box has shut down. It's been a while since I've subscribed to them, but I cannot find their website either. Have you tried the BeautyCon box?

      Delete