Monday, March 17, 2014

Nerd Block Review March 2014

Let me start off by saying this month's shirt is AWESOME!  My son absolutely loves it!  The March 2014 Nerd Block has 6 items in it.





Shirt Punch
Darth Vader T-Shirt ~ I'm assuming this shirt is from Shirt Punch.  My son loves it!  The design is very bold and eye-catching.




Assassin's Creed Edward Teach Blackbeard Action Figure
 Edward Teach Blackbeard Action Figure ($21.95) ~ This is a figure from Assassin's Creed.  It's one of eight in Series 1 released at the end of 2013.  Each figure includes an exclusive code to unlock content in the game.  Our guy unlocks Blackbeard's sails.  We don't have this game, so the first person to request our code in the comments can have it.  Blackbeard is very well crafted.




topps Wacky Packages Stickers, Series 7
 topps Wacky Packages Stickers, Series 7 ($2.00) ~ There are eight parody stickers in this pack that are actually quite funny.  They kind of remind me of Garbage Pail stickers, but with familiar name brand products instead of the Cabbage Patch Kid dolls.




The Simpsons 25th Anniversary Collectible Miniature Figure
 The Simpsons 25th Anniversary Collectible Miniature Figure ($2.50) ~ In honor of the Simpsons 25th anniversary, Neca released the Greatest Guest Stars collectible miniature figures in January 2014.    Each figure is supposed to be 2", but I swear our Yao Ming is taller than that!  I think he is about 3.5" tall.  He also came with a round base.  




Star Trek Skele-treks Miniature Figure
 Star Trek Skele-treks Miniature Figure ($2.99) ~ These figures have also been recently released.  We received Gorn in the Series 1 Gravity Feed.  He is 2" tall and comes with a round base for display.  These figures take classic Star Trek characters and give them a twist with a Dia de Los Muertos theme.  Creepy cool!




The Legend of Zelda Blind Ball Mini-Figure
The Legend of Zelda Blind Ball Mini-Figure ($7.99) ~ Look at our Zelda from Ocarina of Time!  She is a 2" figure with a rectangular base.  I like that the display stand is labeled.  It makes it easier to match with the figure when my son separates them.



I like this month's Nerd Block better than last month's.  All prices are not exact, but what I found online, with links.  The approximate value of this box is around $46 - $50.  For $29, I'm impressed with what was inside.  The figures are more recent and really different.  We will have to find a neat way to store Ryker's stickers!  My son just turned six this week and I think I'm going to continue the adult subscription service primarily for the T-shirt.  

2 comments:

  1. Can I have the code for the Assassin creed figure? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can. Just send me an email (listed on my contact page). I'll reply back with the code!

      Delete