Saturday, August 16, 2014

Ipsy Review August 2014

 The August Ipsy bag celebrates going back to school and equips us with beauty essentials for those memorable learning experiences.



 Coastal Scents Forever Blush ~ Coastal Scents is a company that creates makeup, brushes, and other products naturally and cruelty free.  Forever Blush is available in 18 shades.  I got 'Fresh' and 'Elegant' in a duo sample pack.  The shade, 'Fresh', is a matte finish, and 'Elegant' has a shimmer to it.  


 Lord & Berry Silk Kajal Kohl Eye Pencil ~ This is the fourth eyeliner I have received from Ipsy during my 6 month subscription.  I'm coming to the conclusion that most eye pencils are not for me.  This one looked really good after application, but smeared a lot as the day went on.  It's a harder pencil, and I prefer a softer one like Urban Decay's 24/7.  After looking at Lord & Berry's website, I think I would like the Kajal Stick, Luxury Liner, the Polish Eye Pencil, and the Sketch Eye Graphic Pencil instead of this one.  


 You're The Balm Lip Balm by Absolute New York ~ Available on Nicka K's website, this is an ultra-moisturizing lip balm that nourishes and protects lips.  I got the Green Apple flavor, which comes in a duo pack with Grape.  You can also buy the Strawberry and Bubble Gum duo.  My family always goes through chapstick and lip balm, so this will be put to good use.


 Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner ~ I've never used a pore refiner before!  It really does help eliminate shine and reduces the appearance of pores.  It's great for those with oily skin and acts as a shield to prevent makeup from clogging pores.  This product has a lot of great reviews.


 Urban Decay Perversion Mascara ~ I really like Urban Decay's products!  Their new mascara is no exception.  Perversion is a lengthening and volumizing mascara.  I like this mascara because it is lighter and doesn't weigh down my lashes.  I have to curl them and heavy mascaras straighten them back out.  This mascara keeps the curl in my lashes.


Ipsy is $10 a month and tries to tailor their selections to your beauty interests.  I'm thinking about retaking the Ipsymatch quiz and see if I start getting different products.  I'd like to get more hair products.  Did you like your Ipsy this month?  I thought the cosmetic bag was really cute.  

2 comments:

  1. I am really excited to try my perversion mascara! I got the Pores No More. I would love the bubblegum flavor balm. Not the biggest green apple fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like the mascara. I was really impressed with the Pores No More. Do you think the green apple smells like watermelon, or am I crazy?

      Delete