Saturday, April 30, 2016

ItalyntheBox Review Box #1

I'm a big fan of Kickstarter.  I love mildly funding subscription boxes and Kentucky originated products on this site.  That's where I began this food journey with Italynthebox.


 ItalyntheBox is a unique subscription box that sends six Italian culinary gems to sample.  It's truly a food journey through Italy with indulgent products I've never heard of.  I love pasta, so I thought this was the perfect box for me.  


 These sample sizes provide a couple of servings to get you hooked.  Customers can order full-sized items from Italynthebox.  I believe they may have an app for ordering, but this insert says you can call or email to place orders.


ItalyntheBox
 Cioccolatini Camardo Caffe ~ ($19 250g tin)  Camardo is a coffee producer that promotes the Italian espresso culture.  They also have a line of chocolates in three flavors: rum, coffee, and hazelnut.  The hazelnut chocolate melted in my mouth and was delicious.  My husband enjoyed the rum morsel and my daughter devoured the coffee flavored one.  The inside was a soft chocolate ganache.


Patatine Al Tartufo Tartuflanghe
 Patatine Al Tartufo Tartuflanghe ~ ($6.00 100g bag)  Well, these are downright addicting!  They are a thicker cut chip with truffle.  They are fried in olive and sunflower oils, which add to the flavor.  I think these are great chips!


ItalyntheBox
 Tagliatelle Al Basilico Camp'oro ~ ($18.00 set of 3 pastas)  Tagliatelle is a ribbon pasta similar to linguine, but narrower.  This is a basil flavored egg noodle.  The full set includes 3 different flavors: basil, squid ink, and pepperoncino.  I plan on trying this with the pesto.


Italynthebox
 Formaggio Pecorino Famiglia Busti ~ ($15.00 for 8oz)  This is the Pecorino Toscano DOP from the Busti Dairy Company.  It's a soft form with a mottled brown crust.  It's delicious!  I didn't find this until after I read the insert.  I had to go back and search for it in the box.  It was under the chocolates.  The serving suggestions from the company's website are as follows:
Wine: Vino Chianti Classico  Marmalade: dry orange  Honey: honeydew  
Jelly: di Chianti  Beer: Bastarda Rossa (Birrificio Amiata)


Italynthebox
 Pesto Niasca Portofino ~ ($9.00 180g jar)  A pesto that's unpasteurized to allow the ingredients to retain all the nutritional values.  It should have a fresher taste as well.  I love pesto and can't wait to try this!


Italynthebox
Gelatina Al Moscato Prunotto ~ ($8.00 110g jar)  Whaaaatt?!?!  Moscato in a jelly?!?!  Yaaass!!!  This is a meat and cheese jam and has a mildly sweet flavor.  I tried it with the Pecorino Toscano cheese.  It's pretty good!  I can see myself adding this to some vanilla yogurt.


According to the Kickstarter campaign, I should be getting this same box again in two weeks!  I'm very impressed with this box.  The tagliatelle and pesto pair together, the Moscato wine jelly and Pecorino Toscano DOP complement each other, and then you have a sweet and salty combo with the truffle chips and chocolates.  

I'm not sure if subscriptions are open to the public yet or not.  My Kickstarter reward is a three-month subscription with 2 boxes each month!

No comments:

Post a Comment