Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Home Chef Review ~ Classic Chicken Piccata

Home Chef is a subscription box service that delivers meals directly to your doorstep!  We have tried Plated and Hello Fresh in the past, with my favorite being Plated.  We had horrible experiences with Hello Fresh.  I happened to stumble upon Home Chef and was really impressed with their menu choices and affordable prices.  Our first box arrived Wednesday, February 24th.





My husband and I chose the two-serving, three-meal plan for $59.70 a week.  Our menu for the week of Monday, February 22nd consisted of Classic Chicken Piccata, Chinese BBQ Pork, and Parmesan-Crusted Sirloin.  We prepared the Classic Chicken Piccata first, which was the dish my husband chose and I didn't think I'd like.  Home Chef proved me wrong - I loved our first meal!




The ingredients were nicely labeled and packaged.  There was no confusion on which ingredients went with which meal.  One problem we had with Hello Fresh was that we received multiple ingredients for one meal and no ingredients for another meal.  They refused to send us the needed ingredients for the second meal and refused to refund our money for the lost meal we could not prepare.  Hello Fresh only offered a partial credit for a future meal.


 The ingredients were fresh and we received all necessary items.


We have prepared all three meals and the Classic Chicken Piccata was my favorite from this box!  It tastes great and feels light.  It was soooo easy to prepare, plus there was plenty to eat.  The serving size was quite generous, without being too much.

When you click on Home Chef, you will get my referral link, which gives both of us $30 in free food if you order a box!


No comments:

Post a Comment