Friday, July 25, 2014

Japanese Treats Review July 2014

Monthly Subscription Boxes


Apparently Japanese candy boxes are gaining popularity.  I used to subscribe to Oyatsu Box which is $25 a month and free shipping.  They stopped taking Pay Pal payments, so my subscription was canceled and I never changed my payment option.  Then I found Japanese Treats!  They ship a box stuffed full of candy and snacks from Japan just like Oyatsu Box.  The cost of Japanese Treats is $22 a month and free shipping.  I liked Oyatsu Box (they even reinstated their Pay Pal payments), but they sent a lot of seafood flavored snacks.  Japanese Treats focuses on chocolates and sweets, but will still include a few unique items.  This definitely works better for my taste preferences, plus it is $3 cheaper and seems to send the same amount of candy as Oyatsu Box.  


Japanese Candy Subscriptions
A first look inside the box!


Japanese Candy Subscriptions
 The information sheet provides a color picture and a description of each item.


Moominvalley Cocoa Biscuits
 Moominvalley Biscuits ~ These are cocoa flavored biscuits.  They remind me of an 'airier/lighter' animal cracker.  My package features the character Little My.  The Moomins are very popular in Japan and European countries.  


Pizza Pretzel Sticks
Pizza Pretzel ~ Pretzel sticks with pizza flavoring!  These are widely available in Japan and they taste great.  I even think I taste a hint of sausage - weird, but neat!


Glico Hello Kitty Biscuits
 Hello Kitty Biscuits ~ I consider these shortbread cookies with chocolate.  Love this flavor!  I had to take a picture of the actual biscuits because they are soooo cute!  I'd buy more of these for my daughter's lunch.


Sapporo Potato
 Sapporo Potato ~ These are airy potato snacks that have a barbecue flavoring.  They aren't greasy like potato chips.  Honestly, these would be a great addition to my kids' packed lunches!


Milky Candy
 Milky ~ Peko Chan is the adorable little girl on this box from Fujiya.  Inside are individually wrapped milk/caramel-flavored candies.  Yum!  I'm getting ready to eat the whole box!


 Creamy Vanilla ~ These taste like a vanilla milkshake!  They are also from Fujiya and have a popcorn-like shape to them.  Ingredients include marshmallow, vanilla, and crepe.  I really like these too!


ComeCacao
 ComeCacao ~ ComeCacao are chocolate covered truffles with a rich creamy chocolate center.  You can put these in the fridge to help keep their shape and consistency.  They have a rich taste!


Sonomanma Soda
 Sonomanma Soda ~ I love these Russian Roulette type gum packages!  My daughter takes them to school and gives one to her teacher, one to her best friend, and eats one.  They always have fun with this!  I'm not sure what flavor it is, but it looks like blueberry.


Ju-C Candy
 Ju-C Candy ~ Even though the paper says this is grape flavored, I think it is the cola flavored pack.  These are candy tablets or wafers that remind me of the Necco wafers.  My daughter and I have almost eaten the whole roll!  They are quite enjoyable.


Un Choco
 Un Choco ~ This box is really cute!  Inside are little chocolate spheres that taste like grape.  They look like Sixlets.  The packaging really turns this candy into a novelty.  The backside of the animal opens up to dispense these little gems.  Very fun!


Pai no Mi
 Pai no Mi ~ These are chocolate filled pastry puffs.  They are a very popular snack from Lotte and can be eaten as is or heated in the microwave for 15 seconds.  The back of the box suggests these would be good with ice cream.  They are yummy!


Japanese Candy Subscriptions
I have been so HAPPY with this box from Japanese Treats!  Everything absolutely tasted great, which is unusual for a variety box.   I even plan on buying the Milky candy and the Sapporo Potato snacks.


Feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts on this new company.  

2 comments:

  1. I actually subscribed to this service this month too and i was so impressed by it! I literally spent like $34 a couple of weeks ago at an asian grocer and ended up with less than what i got out of this box.
    I cant wait for more already!

    ReplyDelete