Friday, July 25, 2014

Loot Crate Review July 2014

Monthly Subscription Boxes
The villains have taken over Loot Crate this month!  Everything inside the graffitied box is sooooooo wickedly bad!  



Subscription Boxes
 Loot Crate Magazine, Issue 12 ~ I love Loot Crate's magazines!  The articles are interesting and insightful.  I'm glad they decided to keep sending them in hard copy format.


Monthly Subscription Boxes
Loot Crate Collectible Pin July 2014 ~ Three villains are highlighted on this pin: Harley Quinn, Deadpool, and Darth Vader.  The green behind Harley is part of Loki's costume.


Bowser Magnet
Bowser Magnet ~ I think I should put this on my principal's door frame to deter those rowdy students!  This is a 3x3 magnet featuring Bowser from the Super Mario franchise.  


Darth Vader Key Chain
Darth Vader Key Chain ~ Now everyone can see our Stars Wars love with this Darth Vader key chain.  I really like the clip feature.  


Deadpool Socks
Deadpool Socks ~ We enjoy a good pair of knee socks at our house.  My son wore these last night and loved them!  Needless to say, no one dared to bother him last night.


Rocket Raccoon Comic Variant Cover
Exclusive Rocket Raccoon Comic ~ Just in time to raise even more excitement for the Guardians of the Galaxy movie!  Loot Crate teamed with Marvel to create an exclusive variant edition of Skottie Young's Rocket Raccoon comic book.  The cover work was created by Dale Keown.  Now we can follow the story of one of the GotG's most popular characters.


Harley QuinnThe Joker
Harley Quinn & Joker Posters ~ I love this artwork!  The artist has created such a softness and sadness to Harley Quinn that is very beautiful.  The Joker looks bat obsessed, which creeps out my daughter.


Necessary Evil Super Villains of DC Comics
Necessary Evil DVD ~ I'm looking forward to watching this.  Necessary Evil explores seven decades worth of villains from the DC Universe.  The strong, booming voice you hear narrating is that of Sir Christopher Lee (known for his roles as Count Dooku and Saruman).  There are a lot of guest speakers on this DVD.


Joki Villain T Shirt Zack Finfrock
Joki Villain T Shirt ~ This is a great mash-up!  Two of the most popular villains from opposite comic houses merge to create Joki.  Zack Finfrock, Loot Crate artist extraordinaire, did an excellent job capturing the most memorable aspects of both Loki and the Joker.  


#LootCrate
Loot Crate is just too much fun!  The Loot Crate team is so creative and in tune with their audience.  Month-to-month subscribers pay $19.37 for this box.  You also have the option of purchasing 3-month ($55.11) and 6-month subscriptions ($105.99).   


1 comment:

  1. I got the Villains crate as my very first Loot Crate and I was really impressed! I loved everything in it and thought the shirt was super cool, so much so that I ordered a couple mystery shirts when they had an overstock sale recently. I thought it was the perfect opportunity to pick up shirts from the past crates I missed. Unfortunately, I received shirts that were totally the wrong size. :( :(
    I've emailed them but haven't heard back yet. From what I've experienced, they have excellent customer service but since it was an overstock sale I think I might be out of luck. :/

    I've noticed a few reviews and from Loot Crate's own Facebook page that they periodically purposely send out the wrong shirt sizes during the tail end of their monthly box shipments when they run out of correct sizes. If you receive an incorrect size you're able to send it back (at your expense) in order for a replacement. :/ I'm not sure how I feel about that, it's disappointing enough to get the wrong size, but to have to pay extra to correct it when it was done on purpose seems to be rubbing salt into the wound. Something to think about when subscribing.

    ReplyDelete