Saturday, January 24, 2015

Loot Crate Review January 2015

Loot Crate chose January to take a look at geek and gaming past.  Are you ready to "Rewind" to the 80's?  This box would probably have Star Lord's approval.  Perfect timing for co-founder Matthew Arevalo to run into Chris Pratt, huh?
Loot Crate Magazine Issue 18
Loot Crate Magazine Issue 18 ~ Joshua Brown takes an in-depth look at Nintendo and its legendary characters.  I also brushed up on my Voltron memories with Candice Shane's article.


 Loot Crate Collectible Pin ~ My goal for 2015 is to collect a year's worth of Loot Crate pins.  This pin highlights the cassette tape.  Lots of fond memories of hand rewinding via pencil!


 Loot Crate Exclusive 8-Bit Glasses ~ The quirky 8-bit glasses got an upgrade with the two-toned color styling!  Now Looters can show their love for video games and Loot Crate at the same time.


10-Doh! Figure
 10-Doh! Figures ~ Another Loot Crate exclusive!  These mini 10-Doh! figures look like the classic Nintendo cartridges.  I didn't get the super-rare gold variant, but I think my Fire Hunt is pretty awesome.  I credit my great lung strength to the NES cartridges.  It's amazing how huffing and puffing always fixed the game!


Black Tie Geek
 Retro Arcade Skinny Tie from Black Tie Geek ~ When geeks have to step out in style, they wear classic black and silver with 8-bit designs.  My husband doesn't really wear ties, so I'm thinking about  turning it into a necklace.  I know I'd get more use out of it as a necklace and I found a great tutorial here: http://alethaisraels.blogspot.com/2011/02/upcycled-tie-necklace-tutorial.html.  If there's enough left over, I'm thinking cuff bracelet!  http://lindaeverett.com/tutorial-necktie-cuff-bracelet/.  Did anyone else ever get a little anxious when the aliens sped up?


Comic Notebook
 Comic Notebook ~ This comic notebook is from the Unemployed Philosopher's Guild.  I would have had this post finished sooner, but I got ten kinds of distracted on their website.  I pretty much love all of the stuff they sell.  My son is going to have a blast drawing in this and I could have some fun with the speech bubble stencils!  


Marvel Star Wars Comic Book 001 Loot Crate Cover
 Star Wars Comic Book Issue 001 with Loot Crate Variant Cover ~ How nice is this?!?!  The storyline occurs between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back.  It's written by Jason Aaron with art by John Cassaday.  I've flipped through the pages and am really impressed with Cassaday's artwork, as well as Gabriele Dell'Otto's cover.  Can't wait to read this to my son!


Flophouse Voltron Blueprint T-shirt
 Voltron Blueprint T-shirt from Flophouse ~ This is an exclusive design available only to Looters.  The shirt looks better than my picture - I had too much light on it.  The shirt feels soooo soft!  Flophouse is advertising a Swagpax coming soon - looks cool.


I really enjoyed the "Rewind" theme this month!  We even got our own Loot Crate entertainment system.  Monthly crates cost $19.37, but you get better deals when you subscribe longer.  A 3-month subscription is $55.11 and a 6-month plan costs $105.99.  

2 comments:

  1. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much.
    http://expertratedreviews.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for the great information you havr provided! You have touched on crucuial points!
    Expertratedreviews

    ReplyDelete