Sunday, January 25, 2015

Nerd Block Classic Review January 2015

Nerd Block has really changed the game since they've added themes and guest curators.  I love this company!  Nerd Block Classic appeals to the comic con generation with well selected geeky gamer gear.  They now have four different subscription plans - check their site for prices .
#NerdBlock


#NerdBlock
 Lately, Nerd Blocks have had a featured "wow" item, which makes the box even more epic.  This item was relevant to January's theme, A Galaxy Far, Far Away.


Scatter Brainz Darts
 Scatter Brainz Darts ~ ($3.60)  This will be a fun addition to the office!  This package contains three darts and a target.  The darts are fun characters with sticky brains that cling to surfaces.  Nerd Block also designed a fun two-sided dart board.  One side is the Office Decision Maker with options like "pretend to work", "Google something", and "go on Facebook".  The other side is a point board.  Artwork includes Grumpy Cat, Star Wars ships, the Tardis, and the Enterprise.


Grumpy Cat Plush
 Grumpy Cat ~ ($7.50)  This Grumpy Cat plush is by Gund.  It's about 4" tall and is quite soft.  Ryker loves plush figures and he was really happy with this!


Elf Ears
 Elf Ears ~ This is my son's favorite thing in the box and the package says they are not intended for children under 13 years old.  Oh well.  I think they'd also double for Spock ears.  Classified Novelties designed these rubber ear tips.


Gandolf the Grey Pen and Bookmark
 Hobbit Pen and Bookmark ~ ($8.48)  We got the Gandolf the Grey set.  The bookmark is a lenticular 3D finish.  The pen is shaped like Gandolf's staff - awesome!  As a teacher, I really think I should grade papers with this and yell "You shall not pass"!


Star Trek Planet of the Apes Nerd Block Variant Cover
 Star Trek / Planet of the Apes Comic ~ ($3.99)  This is a crazy mash up - but should be a good storyline.  Kirk always encountered a wide variety of aliens, so why not crossover with the Planet of the Apes.   This Nerd Block exclusive variant cover was created by Rachael Stott.


Sonic Screwdriver T-shirt
 Sonic Screwdriver T-shirt ~ This completes the galaxy theme!  Both of my kids loved this shirt.  I'm so glad Dr. Who was included in this box.



 Star Wars Episode V Film Cell ~ I never knew you could buy film cells!  This is a real clip of film from The Empire Strikes Back.  It's framed with scenes from the movie.  Our cell is of Luke training with Yoda on his back - LOVE!!!  If Nerd Block keeps sending items like this and last month's autograph, I'm never going to end my subscription!


Even though I originally subscribed to this box for my son, I'm kind of laying claim to some of his stuff.  This has been my favorite box I've received this month.  I hope Nerd Block keeps up this great curation for future boxes.  They are doing great things with their themes!  

1 comment: