Monday, March 9, 2015

Quarterly Co. Wil Wheaton Box Review March 2015 #WIL01

We're going to take a trip back to the 70's for this review!  I bring you Wil Wheaton's first curation for Quarterly Co.  His four boxes for 2015 will reflect his life loves and interests through the decades: the 70's, 80's, 90's, and 00's.  
 Wil's letter doesn't follow the typical Quarterly format, but that's really not surprising.  He does a wonderful job explaining each addition.  


#WIL01

 Radio Free Burrito Poster ~ This is one of four designs for Wil's podcast, Radio Free Burrito.  I love how this is a true collaboration between Quarterly and Wil.  The Quarterly designers created this image to emulate a design from the 70's.  I really like the font on this!


Trading Cards ~ I received 5 Star Wars cards and a Battlestar Galactica card.  They are in great condition and really bring back awesome childhood memories.  To this day, I still love the Star Wars franchise and am going to see Peter Mayhew and Jeremy Bulloch this weekend at Lexington Comic Con!


Death Star Droid Action Figure ~ Um, I have to admit that I'm a little bummed this didn't come in its original packaging.  ;-)   Hehe!  I love this little guy and it looks like some little kid loved him a long time ago!


littleBits $20 off Coupon ~ There are some really cool expansion packs and other accessories in the littleBits store.  I can't wait to use this coupon!  The offer expires March 15th, but I can't get the code to work.


littleBits Base Kit ~ ($99)  I LOVE this!  My son turns 7 Thursday and I think he is going to love tinkering with this.  I think his grandfather will enjoy sharing this experience with him (he's the electric guru).  I totally missed out on the electronic project kits, but if this is the track Wil took, then my son needs to take it too!


I'm extremely happy with this box!  When it's full of awesome stuff like this, I don't even care about the value.  The 80's was more my decade, so I can't wait to see what Wil has in store for us with his next box.

No comments:

Post a Comment