Monday, May 16, 2016

ItalyntheBox Review Box #2

ItalyntheBox Box #2
 There's a new subscription box in town.  ItalyntheBox brings a piece of Italy right to your doorstep!  I signed up for this service through Kick Starter.  I'm not sure if it's available to the public yet or not.


ItalyntheBox Box #2
 Each box contains 6 culinary gems from Italy for you to sample.  Then you can order the full-sized products online.


ItalyntheBox Box #2
 The enclosed pamphlet maps out your Italian food experience and details how to order more of what you love from ItalyntheBox.


ItalyntheBox Box #2
 This is the most helpful part for me.  Most of the packaging is in Italian and I have no idea what I'm getting, but this insert does an excellent job explaining each item.


Di Iorio Monachino
 Di Iorio Monachino ~ ($10)  My sweet tooth loves this item!  It's a dark chocolate nougat.  The center is a hazelnut paste and is awesome.  


Matteo Enzo Taralli All'olio D'Oliva
 Matteo Enzo Taralli All'olio D'Oliva ~ ($8)  A taralli is an Italian snack food that reminds me of a cracker-like pretzel/breadstick.  It's really hard, but tastes good.


Famiglia Busti Formaggio Pecorino Pepe Nero
 Famiglia Busti Formaggio Pecorino Pepe Nero ~ ($15)  Pecorino is a hard Italian cheese made from sheep's milk.  This mini block combines the cheese and black pepper.  I haven't tried this yet.


Niasca Portofino Limonata
 Niasca Portofino Limonata ~ ($5)  This is a sparkling/carbonated lemonade and it tastes great!  I can definitely see me ordering more of this and the chocolate.  It's not sour and has a nice sweet flavor.


ItalyntheBox
 Acquerello Riso Carnaroli ~ ($28) This is a superfine rice.  I'm truly out of my element with all of this food, but I found a website with recipe suggestions for this product.  I tried the boiled rice with lemon juice recipe and really liked it.  The packaging says it's as healthy as brown rice.


Le Ife Burro Al Tartufo Bianco
 Le Ife Burro Al Tartufo Bianco ~ ($15)  This is white truffle butter and I think it may pair well with the rice for a truffle risotto.  I haven't tried it yet, but am looking forward to it.


ItalyntheBox Box #2
I love box #2 from ItalyntheBox!  My faves are the Limonata and Monachino chocolates.  I also like the Acquerello and taralli.  I'll probably place an order for full-sized food items soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment