Sunday, September 21, 2014

Nerd Block Review September 2014

Once again Nerd Block has not disappointed!  This month's Classic box had a great shirt and other awesome items.

Monthly Subscription Boxes



Subscription Boxes

Nerd Block Stress Brain
 Nerd Block Exclusive Stress Brain ~ My son loves the Nerd Block exclusive items.  He was really happy to get this squishy stress reliever.


Mega Bloks Marvel Mystery Figure
 Marvel Mystery Figure ~ ($3.99) This is Series 1 of the Marvel Mystery figures from Mega Bloks.  My son needed a little help putting this together, but we got it.  He ended up with Black Spider-Man.  I like how there are so many points of articulation to the figure.  He came with a shield and a whip.

  
Scribblenauts UnMasked DC Comics Blind Box
Scribblenauts UnMasked DC Comics Figure ~ ($5.99) I didn't know this game existed.  Ryker has Scribblenauts Unlimited (I swear the game taught him how to spell) and loves it.  I think I'll get this game for him for Christmas.  I like the size of this figure and its base.  We got Deadman, whose base is a green notebook and pencil.  Very creative!


Giant Microbes Plush
Giant Microbes Plush ~ ($9.95) Earlier this month, I got a humorous email from Nerd Block about this product.  All humor aside, the company wanted to raise STD awareness through this plush figure from Giant Microbes.  The company, founded by Drew Oliver, makes plush dolls of microscopic organisms, including STDs.  Naturally, I forgot about the email and let my 6-year old tear into the box.  He LOVES stuffed animals.  Needless to say, the Clap (Gonorrhea), was his favorite item in the box.  He named him Peanut and made him a home out of the Nerd Block box.  Ryker has slept with Peanut every night and carries him around the house.  Does he know it's an STD?  No, he does not.  That's the great thing about childhood innocence - you don't have to tell them everything and they don't have to know everything.  Do my husband and I get a kick out of watching him love this toy?  Yes, we do.


Funko Boxos Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Papercraft Playset
Funko Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Papercraft Playset ~ ($9.99) I find these fun to assemble.  It kind of makes me feel a little crafty.  My son wants me to take this set and make his Valentine's Day box out of it.  I made last year's box out of a Minecraft Papercraft set last year.  Looking forward to the fun challenge!


Sounds of the Galaxy T-Shirt
Sounds of the Galaxy T-Shirt ~ Loved the movie, love the shirt!  I'm slightly jealous of my son because he gets to wear this.  Even without pictures of the characters, he knew exactly what this shirt was.  


#NerdBlock
Nerd Block Classic is $19.99 a month, plus shipping.  They have just announced the addition of themes to their future Classic boxes beginning in January.  The October box will be curated by Kevin Smith!  I hope it's 90's themed!

No comments:

Post a Comment