Sunday, September 28, 2014

Quarterly Co. Bill Nye Box Review September 2014 #NYE03

The long-awaited Bill Nye Quarterly box has been released!  #NYE03 is a great mixture of science, global & climate awareness, and fun.  

#NYE03
 Bill's letter states that inside we'll find things that harness nature's power and sheds light on how to live green.  Let's see what he means!


Pocket Volcano
 Pocket Volcano ~ ($5.93) My kids are going to love this!  This little item takes me back to my elementary school days, when paper mache volcanoes were all the rage.  I'll be reliving my childhood with this.  If you lose the instructions, you can find them on 4M's website.


Lemon Clock
 Lemon Clock ~ ($7.95) Another flashback to my science fair days!  I never got the chance to do this, but always thought it was so cool.  I guess I'll be adding baking soda, vinegar, and lemons to my shopping list this week.  


Little Sun
 Little Sun ~ ($30) What a great product!  This is a solar powered lamp with a mission to impact the world.  After five hours of sunlight, your Little Sun will glow a soft light for 10 hours or a bright light for 4 hours.  It has a convenient lanyard-style cord to wear around your neck.  Perfect for using at the beach, festivals, camping, concerts, and even at home.  Here's the win-win part: funds generated from on-grid sales, goes towards providing light in off-grid communities.  Did you know approximately 1.2 billion people live without electricity?  Therefore, I may purchase a few more of these to help support this cause and prepare for any future solar flares that may wipe out our own grid!


Coastermatic
Bill Nye Custom Coaster #1 of 4 from Coastermatic ~ ($25/set of 4) I present to you my favorite item from the box.  The image was drawn by Bill Nye and is themed "United States through the years".  This is number one of 4.  The rest will be sent in his next three boxes.  I'm really excited to collect this set.  Our story begins 4.5 billion years ago.  If you Instagram a lot, you should check out Coastermatic.  They capture your Instagram photos on highly absorbent coasters.


#NYE03
Fun + educational = #NYE03

This box is $50 and is shipped every three months or so.  You can subscribe www.quarterly.com
I think this is a great box, because the whole family can enjoy it.  Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment