Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Quarterly Co. Digg Box Review October 2014

Two months later, I'm blogging about this box.  Digg curated the #DIB01 for Quarterly Co.  They tried to put something for everyone in this box.  It's a quirky box that I found quite interesting.
#DIB01


#DIB01
 Beef Jerky from Stick in a Box ~ There's no way I'm brave enough to try tho scorpion peppered double habanero jerky!  It's from Stick in a Box, which is a beef jerky monthly subscription service.  If you eat jerky on a regular basis, you owe it to yourself to check out this company.  They seem like fun-loving meat eaters ~ just check out their Twitter handle.


Reductivist Ring Tool
 Reductivist Ring Tool ~ This is a multi-tool, designed for cyclists, but anyone can use it.  It's stainless steel and features a bottle opener, 5 hex heads, 3 screwdriver heads, and 2 spoke wrenches.


Tiny Inconspicuous Handcuff Key
 TIHK (Tiny Inconspicuous Handcuff Key) ~ This is a set of two handcuff keys.  They were designed to be used by law enforcement, military, and security professionals.  It clips to your belt loop and can get you out of standard Peerless-style handcuffs.  I will be giving these to my police officer neighbor down the street.


Redbeard Originial India Pale Ale Beer Soap
 Redbeard Original India Pale Ale Beer Soap ~ This soap comes from the Redbeard Post Exchange website.  The site promotes military veteran craftsmen and artisans by displaying and selling their work.  Please take the time to check out this site and support our veterans.  The soap has hop leaves and beer grains to that moisturize and exfoliate.  


Sock Panda
 Socks from Sock Panda ~ Sock Panda is another subscription service that delivers fun, colorful, fashionable socks each month.  I got a pair of men's socks in primary colors.  Luckily, my husband loves colorful socks.  These are right up his alley.


Poking a Dead Frog
 Poking a Dead Frog by Mike Sacks ~ Inside this book are conversations with some great comedy writers like Bill Hader, Amy Poehler, Mel Brooks, and Mike Schur.  Readers get an in-depth look at the world of comedy.  


Sprout Pencils
 Sprout Pencils ~ The teacher in me loves these pencils!  I got two sustainable pencils that can actually be planted.  When the pencils wear down to the end, you just plant the tips and grow some herbs or flowers.  I'm looking forward to growing my basil and mint plants!


#DIB01
Unfortunately, #DIB01 is the only box to be curated by digg.  I really enjoyed this box for it's unique curation.  I loved learning about Redbeard Post Exchange and look forward to ordering from them in the future.  The Sprout pencils are also neat.  I've ordered more as door prizes for the teachers I work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment